KILLA KELA PODCAST GRAFFITI HIGHLIGHTS 2019



KILLA KELA PODCAST GRAFFITI HIGHLIGHTS 2019
LASTLY! Here is 2019’s Killa Kela Podcast Graffiti highlights video 🔥👊🏻🔥 extremely proud of 2019, and I want to send a huge thank you to every single guest who has passed through, along with all of the weekly supporters and followers - plus the monthly viewers who tune into the live show; massive shout out to my live show team for making the monthly event what it is 🙏🏻 The Podcast ain’t nothin - NOTHING- without any of you guys! 
Enjoy gang and get ready for 2020!!



WATCH THE GRAFFITI HIGHLIGHTS VIDEO HERE
Support the Killa Kela Podcast by being a Podcast Patreon and receiving a mass of exclusives and bonus content. https://www.patreon.com/killakelapodcast
KILLA KELA
Twitter: www.twitter.com/KillaKela


 Featuring
Episode #107 Teach DDS (Legendary UK Graff Artist)
Soundcloud Spotify Acast Apple Youtube
Killa Kela: Teach inside the building.
Teach:  You flash your light and there was cobwebs like that. You couldn't go that way and you wouldn't want to anyway.
KK: Jesus Christ
Teach: So, it was a basically it was a labyrinth that you had to go through.
KK: This to me feels like the only place that this has been documented. I don't know anyone else that talks about this.

Episode #75 (Graffiti Week #6) DAS RAREKIND
Soundcloud Spotify Acast Apple Youtube
KK: This is DAS, rarekind.
DAS: I love… I love the chase stories. I love the…. the best graff stories. I love the fucking… the all the stories that happen and make up graffiti. I love all that but I also love, I'd like to know, I like to know that there's a DAS and there is a David.

Episode #110 FAUM 72 DDS ( London Graffiti Artist)
Soundcloud Spotify Acast Apple Youtube
KK: Ladies and Gents, this is FAUM72 inside the ride DDS.

Episode #70 Graffiti Week #1 EINE
Soundcloud Spotify Acast Apple Youtube
KK: EINE TPG
EINE: As somebody with the graffiti mentality… oh my god nothing better than jumping down fire extinguisher and just doing a big smiley face on the side of a train.

Episode #97 Kilo (UK Graff writer/Sinstars)
Soundcloud Spotify Acast Apple Youtube
KK: This is my boy, Kilo.


Episode #102 Justin 706 Rollins (UK Graff Writer/Author/Writer)
soundcloud Spotify Acast Apple Youtube
KK: Justin Rollins
JR: I just remember wounds and that on my arms as well, my wrists are bleeding.
KK: is this from your own self.
JR: yeah, yeah, self-harm smashing the TV and they are like hosing me down and I'm just like running from one side to cell to the other. They are laughing when they are doing it um, and all you can see is an eye. The eye will stay with me forever. Because all you can see is an eye and hear a laugh.
KK: Aw, fuck that.

KK: SIME
SIME: Next up, what we got, it the quick fucking fire questions round man.
Favourite paint?
SIME: One million percent Loop. Its fucking the best paint I’ve had. Its brilliant, it’s some good all-around paint. It will stick to everything. Goes on what you want it go on, you know what I mean.
Best Hall Of Fame
SIME: I would have said Chelmsford from Essex because, that was the oldest one. I only went last summer, and it was going for a lot, a lot of years. And obviously I live in Essex and I fuckin’ use to like it there.  There is jus so many man. There is jus like fuckin so many of em. Trelleck’s got a history innit. But I don’t like painting there really, you know like, cos stuff don’t last very long. I’ve had some things like last for ages but, yeah probably Trelleck’s is like the most historic innit, you know what I mean.
Favourite colour?
SIME: Pink, do you know why, cos when I was a kid you couldn’t get pink paint. You get Pink Bun but, you had to come into London to get it or, it was more expensive. When it used to be behind the counter so you couldn’t rack it. Or you could get baby pink that looked like white or what fucking Oakley Home Style use to do. So like, now you can get all these pinks.  And it’s just like I love pink.
Favourite writer of all time
SIME: Probably, say, SEEN, obviously like cos just, just through his, jus his like production are just always on point, there always, neat, always stylized.
Where would you like to travel?
SIME: Um Ecuador.
*phone rings* 
Alight, Alright D, I’ll be out, I’ll be out literally, two minutes. Sweet.

Episode #96 Zerx aka Harry F Conway (graffiti writer, photographer, author)
Soundcloud Spotify Acast Apple Youtube
KK: Harry Conway
HC: Any writer you knowthe more you get into it, the deeper you get into it, it just consumes you. It changes your whole lifestyle. Because you stopped hanging around with people that don't paint, like if you are real true writer and you're doing your thing at that age, why would you want to go to a party if you can just go paint.

Episode #112 Zonk DDS (London Graffiti Artist)
Soundcloud Spotify Acast Apple Youtube
KK: ZONK
Z: Back then, that was social media. A real life social media, do you understand?
KK: yeah, that’s cold.
Z: like there was no Facebook or Instagram or anything like that back then but your kind of living in a real life social media.
KK: sending a message.
Z: You do a piece, you get likes, you get criticism, you get love, you create a buzz and that is what social media is now.
  Episode #71 (Graffiti Week #2) MEAN PFB
                                            Soundcloud Spotify Acast Apple Youtube
KK: His name is MEAN PFB.
M: things are you know tracked and observed by higher forces, let's say. The worst thing when we were kids, that happened, was he went to snappy snaps with a roll of film with photos of trains on it and then snappy snaps would call the police. So people would go back to snappy snaps and hen there'd be an officer going hello.

Episode #116 PLUG (London Graffiti Writer)
Soundcloud Spotify Acast Apple Youtube
KK: It’s the man like PLUG,
P: Certain man obviously they've been hotted up for certain things, so it’s like why are you chatting man’s name like that, do you know what I mean. you shouldn’t have even, you shouldn't have even said that because now I look at ‘em, you know what I mean.
 You just gotta try and hold it down, it’s at its peak as well.
KK: Yeah.
P: The way the worlds going now, it’s not a joke.

Episode #73 Graffiti Week #4 Panik ATG
Soundcloud Spotify Acast Apple Youtube
KK: PANIK ATG
P: you know it's always interesting to look at the way people approach the graffiti thing. I always really like it when you can see someone who’s noticed a gap in what other people are doing and they feel it and really stand out a lot more. That was something we always tried to do. Strategy yeah you can apply it to other things in it and it shows someone's wit and intelligence.

Episode #121 KORSA (Birmingham/ UK Graffiti Writer)
Soundcloud Spotify Acast Apple Youtube
KK: We got legends inside the place boy, I can’t believe it. The mighty Korsa.
Korsa: K o r s a. King Of Roadside Action. Remember that. Remember that. Know this.
KK: The legacy holders should be the ones who…
Korsa:The one who make their money 
KK:The ones who make their money, make the turn around.
Korsa:Pay the dues. Anything you do in life, yeah there's too many of these little fake-ass chumps so you tried to sell shit, a make money off the back of our tradition of our legacy.

Episode #72 (Graffiti Week #3) SKORE TRC GSD SIN
Soundcloud Spotify Acast Apple Youtube
KK: This is SKORE. The simplicity of something that’s actually quite hard to do
S: To see your name going past on a train you have to paint, simple and big.


Episode #114 Shaze WD (Kids Love Ink Tattoo's/ Graff Writer/ London Artist)
Soundcloud Spotify Acast Apple Youtube
KK: SHAZE, Kids Love Ink, WD.
Shaze: I got to know SEEN. And tattooed at the tattoo shop. I tattooed him, he tattooed me. I got a little one of him But, I worked in the shop and like three years there and it was midday to midnight seven days a week if you wanted to. And those people sat out there one in your work because it was Tattoo Seen was a respected sharp need to shut the fuck up could earn your money.

Episode #74 Graffiti Week #5 Zomby DDS
Soundcloud Spotify Acast Apple Youtube
KK: The mighty Zomby
Z: Racking that was the only way you could get up back then was to rack. To be a thief you know I mean. And if you wasn't a thief, you had to be rich and then you have to pay for the paint, You had to be a proper chief, you have to do all the techniques, tuck your t-shirt in. Walk in with a color chart. Had to now all the psychological ways out to do stuff you know.

Episode #119 AROE HD/ VMD/  K2S ( UK Graffiti Writer)
AROE: My name is AROE from heavy artillery, VMD vandals must destroy, and K2S, kill to succeed.
Favourite paint
AROE: I don’t have a favourite paint brand because I don’t believe any of them deserve any credit unless they are paying the artist.
Favourite hall of fame
AROE: My favourite hall of fame is the middle of Brighton, where we just seem to be able to do whatever we wanted for like a 5-year period unimpeded.
Favourite yard
AROE: I’ve got so many and all for different reasons. You know there’s some where you are thinking that can be possible and you go around, like the old New Cross Yard when it was the Big Met. How you use to get in there was absolutely insane and the way Omni found to get us in there, it’s insane. My other favourites was you know, I used to love painting Fermi in Milan. I used to love ?, loads, loads of good ones, that I love.
Favourite writer

Can I have crews? absolute number one without a question Chrome Angelz. 100 percent. Pride, Bando, Zaki Dee, Scribla, Mode 2.Too good for words. The original magic of MSK you know when they…. with Revok and all of those guys when they were fully on fire. There was nothing like that. DSF from Berlin well you know they are from all over Germany. If you knew them, they rolled and the people they were not only were they like meticulous, ultra-German, in terms of the way they would paint and their timing and all that good stuff. They were just the coolest people.



Episode #104 Reaz & Spat IT Crew ( London Graff Crew)
Soundcloud Spotify Acast Apple Youtube

KK: Reaz & Spat  1T Crew

R&S: Killa Kela, bruv, you've been there from day one. We was homeless from 15/16, had nowhere to live. If it weren't for graff like, putting us together at the same time. we got up, we hit bare yards but we were homeless.

Episode #76 (Graffiti Week #7) SHOK-1
Soundcloud Spotify Acast Apple Youtube
KK: SHOK-1. You see, like Swizz Beatz and Usher and Bally and like crazy things popping off for you right now.

SHOK-1: I started this new chapter of my work which is the x-ray thing. The things I'm doing there they're not commissions in the sense that somebody's like and we need you to do this and we need you to be this big. these are things where they're just bringing you is an artist because they're down with you as an artist.

Episode #92 Take alongside Cosa DDS ( London Graff Writers Pt1.)
Soundcloud Spotify Acast Apple Youtube

Take and Cosa: It was like that’s what we wanted immediately. We used to jump on trains and taking pictures.  Hello, we decided we rid that train from one end to the other and what we saw yeah, as with all the others yeah, on to that wreck land bit in between that section that's how we found that it was on tracks and everything.

Episode #94 Vamp (UK Graffiti Writer)
Soundcloud Spotify Acast Apple Youtube
KK: The notorious VAMP.
VAMP: I use to move about a lot because obviously I kind of, I really lived that life like I sofa surfed and I was here there and everywhere for a long time, do you know what I mean. Yeah, It was mad. Apparently, I had been looking for it for years and it was just trains.



want more compilations?
Check out the 2019 Killa Kela Podcast highlights here.
And don't forget the freestyle highlights here.